- When it comes to web analytics tools, Google Analytics is an industry benchmark. It’s easy to set up, customizable and provides all the necessary information about the site. With Google Analytics, you can collect data about your audience (such as age, location, and device usage) and see how visitors find, use, and leave your site. Because of the high popularity of Google Analytics, it’s easy to integrate with other platforms.
- Price: Google Analytics is free for most users. Companies that need a lot of data can also consider using Google Analytics 360, the paid enterprise version of the tool. Fees vary by company’s needs, but prices are expected to be very expensive. It is estimated that Google Analytics 360 starts at $150,000 a year.
- Crazy Egg is a comprehensive and easy to use web analytics tool. One of its most useful features is the ability to generate heat maps and scroll maps that show how people scroll through your site and where they are most often clicked. You can also use the Crazy Egg to do A/B testing on the website.
- Price: Crazy Egg offers four rates. The most basic price is $29 a month, while the professional version is $189 a month. Free use of Crazy Egg for 30 days.
- Clicky is a powerful and flexible web analytics tool that is often compared to Google Analytics. However, Clicky has some features that Google Analytics doesn’t have. The Big Screen feature lets you see what’s happening on the site in real time, how many visitors you have, what they are doing, and when they leave. Clicky also has a Twitter analytics feature that allows you to search for information about your business on Twitter.
- Price: Free, but to unlock the unique features of this tool, you need to use the paid version. Prices start at $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year.
- If you want to collect data from each customer through a sales channel, Kissmetrics may be your best choice. This tool tracks individuals by multiple visits to your site (which is not available in Google Analytics) and can help you understand how and why customers make purchase decisions. Kissmetrics also has built-in email marketing capabilities, so you can automatically send emails to potential customers based on their behaviour on your website.
- Price: Starting at $500 per month.
- Chartbeat monitors how customers interact with your content. If you publish a lot of various types of content, Chartbeat may be the ideal way to integrate all your data in one place.
- Price: Chartbat did not announce the price on the official website, but it is estimated to be priced at $7,000 per year.
- Testing a website is critical to good user experience, but running it without the help of specialized software can be slow and error-prone. Optimizely was created to solve this problem. This tool makes it easy for you to run A/B tests on your website so you can optimize based on the data, not on guesswork.
- Price: Optimizely does not publish the price on the official website, so you need to contact your sales team to get a quote. However, it is estimated that its price is about $36,000 per year.
- SEMrush is an integrated marketing and analysis tool. Although it has standard SEO and PPC (Pay Per Click) tracking capabilities, its outstanding features are keyword research and competitive analysis. SEMrush can show which keywords bring traffic to your competitors, which can help you understand your keyword strategy. Regardless of what the competitor is doing, the tool can help you find your new keywords.
- Price: Starting at $99.95 per month. Companies and agencies that need more features can pay up to $399.95 a month.
- Matomo (formerly Piwik) is a popular open source alternative to Google Analytics. Unlike Google Analytics, Matom is hosted on your server, and you can have all your data. Matomo is also highly customizable, and if you need more features, it also offers 70 plugins for you to choose from. For companies that focus on privacy, Matomo is a great analytical tool.
- Price: Free, some plug-ins are charged.
- Mixpanel is an analytics platform similar to Google Analytics. Event tracking is one of the main features of the tool. Because Mixpanel’s interface is intuitive, users can specify which events to track without having to manually write them. Regardless of which program users use, Mixpanel provides quality customer service.
- Price: Mixpanel offers a free account with limited functionality. To unlock the full functionality of the tool, the starting price is $999 per year.
- Heap has two main advantages – simple to use and very comprehensive. This tool captures all events that occur on your site, including each click, form submission, page view, and search behaviour. If you want to take a closer look at how visitors use your site, Heap is probably one of the best tools.
- Price: Free if the site has less than 5,000 visitors per month. If you need more data, you need to contact Heap to get a quote, and it is estimated that the paid version starts at $500 per month.
- There are many website analysis tools. Think carefully about which site analysis metrics you want to measure and decide which device to choose. If the budget allows, you don’t have to limit yourself to using only a single web analytics tool. Use multiple web analytics tools to get a complete picture of your site. I hope this article will allow you to find the right web analytics tool.